Work Related Neck Injuries and Chiropractic Care
Work related neck injuries are common these days. How can we deal with them in an effective manner? Let’s take a look. As far as work related injuries are concerned, they don’t occur overnight. They build up over long periods of time and finally happen. Because we are unable to foresee them, companies are unable to deal with them when they occur out of the blue. Since they don’t have much knowledge about neck injury, they would find it hard to deal with them in a timely manner. More than treating it afterward, you should take the effective preventive measures. When you are unable to deal with in a timely manner, it can affect the company economically as well. First and foremost, you need to vulnerable body parts when it comes to injuries. When you engage in stressful and repetitive movement of a certain body part, you will be putting that body part in danger. So when you identify the body parts in advance it will be become rather easy for you to handle it.
Work Related Injury-Hard To Detect
When it comes to work related neck injuries, they are hard to detect in the first place. What are the main reasons behind that? Let’s take a look.
• People tend to ignore neck pain. Since they are exposed to so much stress every day, people tend to ignore the pain. As a result, you fail to detect the early signs at the right time. By the time you take notice, this condition may have worsened. This will not do much good as far as treatment is concerned.
• Another big reason that you often fail to recognize the fact that the neck is the source of the pain. When it comes to neck pain in most cases, it radiates to other parts of the body including hands, shoulders and arms. You will try to address the pain in these other body parts, leaving the neck behind. This will make it rather hard to address the problem. Eventually, it will lead to chronic pain and you don’t want this to happen.
• What are the typical neck injuries and problems to begin with? Well, strains, arthritis, herniated discs, sprains, impinged nerves; tension neck syndrome, headaches, etc. are some of the typical problems and injuries associated with neck. If you address the problem beforehand, it appears, you will be able to deal with it in a better manner.
Proper Working Height
First and foremost, you need to create a proper working height. What do you mean by that? What are you looking at while you work? You need to adjust the height of the thing that you constantly look at your work. Also, you need to adjust the height of the things you constantly reach for.
Avoid Far Reaching
Reaching is always stressful and you need to avoid far reaching at all if it is part of your job. You can take the help of racking, conveyors etc. to adjust the height. Also, try to avoid reaching behind the body as much as possible for your own safety. Most importantly, avoid carrying heavy objects as it can exert more tension on your neck.
The American Chiropractic Association states the following for Chiropractic Care of Neck Pain:
During your visit, your doctor of chiropractic will perform exams to locate the source of your pain and will ask you questions about your current symptoms and remedies you may have already tried. For example:
• When did the pain start?
• What have you done for your neck pain?
• Does the pain radiate or travel to other parts of your body?
• Does anything reduce the pain or make it worse?
Your doctor of chiropractic will also do physical and neurological exams. In the physical exam, your doctor will observe your posture, range of motion, and physical condition, noting movement that causes pain. Your doctor will feel your spine, note its curvature and alignment, and feel for muscle spasm. A check of your shoulder area is also in order. During the neurological exam, your doctor will test your reflexes, muscle strength, other nerve changes, and pain spread.
Accident and Injury Chiropractic Laredo
If your neck problems do not seem to be getting better and you feel like it is only getting worse; it may be time to visit your Laredo Chiropractic Clinic. You may be suffering from a more serious condition of chronic neck pain. Your Laredo Chiropractor will be able to find you a more effective solution for your problem. Contact Laredo Family Health Center to schedule an appointment with our friendly staff and Laredo Chiropractor. Call 956-625-4008 today!